- 42% of the world’s poor live in India
- India never invaded any country in her last 10000 years of history.
- Nearly 49% of the high-tech startups in silicon Valley and Washington, D.C. are owned by Indians or Indian-Americans.
- Half the world’s outsourced IT services come from India, amounting to a $47 billion dollar industry
- India has the second largest community of software developers, after the U.S.
- With more than one billion people, India is the world’s second most populous country and its largest democracy.
- More than 900 movies are made a year – significantly more than the US.
- About 70% of the people live in more than 550,000 villages
- Two million people of Indian origin live in the U.S. India sends more students to U.S. colleges than any country in the world.