1. After being paid 26 crore (US$5.9 million) for his role in Sivaji (2007), he became the highest paid actor in Asia after Jackie Chan.
2. His real name is Shivaji Rao Gaikwad.
3. His mother died when he was 5.
4. He did odd jobs as a coolie, bus conductor at the time when he was poor.
5. His father was a police constable.
6. Had acted in 12 of Amitabh’s remade movies in Tamil
7. Got his diploma in acting from Dr.P.N.Reddy.
8. When he was working as a conductor his salary was around Rs.750 and one his friends named Raj Bhadhur gave him money to study in the film institute in Chennai.
9. He is been worshiped because of his image of megastar and there are temples of rajnikant in south India.